Chicken Tortilla Soup – Spend With Pennies
Ser lækker ud – men har ikke prøvet præcis denne opskrift!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño diced and seeded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 14 ½ ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilis such as rotel
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 14 ½ ounces can black beans rinsed & drained
- 1 cup corn drained if canned
- 2 chicken breasts boneless, skinless
- ¼ cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 avocado sliced, for garnish
- Crispy Tortilla Strips
- 6 6″ corn tortillas cut into
Heat ¼ cup olive oil over medium-high heat a small pan. Add tortilla strips in small batches and fry until crisp. Drain and salt.
Heat olive oil In a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and jalapeño and cook until onion is softened.
Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
Remove chicken and shred. Add back to the pot and simmer for 3 minutes.
Spoon soup into bowls and and top with tortilla strips, lime wedges and sliced avocado.